Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
Cards & Payments (‘C&P’) is part of Barclays International, it is a leading global consumer payments company and a pioneer in new forms of payment. The company helps consumers and businesses to make and take payments, and to access short-term credit and point-of-sale finance.
Overall purpose of role
The Business Analyst primary objective is helping the broader business areas implement technology & non technology solutions in a cost effective way by determining the business requirements of projects or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators, Partners & Customers. This specific role will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities to Barclaycard Commercial Payments (BCP) and Barclaycard Payment Solutions (BPS) including changes to new products and services aligned to Small Business strategy, Corporate Product development roadmaps and external regulation
- Lead the business requirements phase end to end – producing clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Responsible for the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- Ensuring that products and services comply with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Identify enhancements/developments and delivery of cost reductions
- Pivot leadership role within the development and delivery of the STP and MTP
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Extensive Business Analyst experience including knowledge of analyst tools and techniques encompassing influencing and negotiating skills to deliver through others
- Strong knowledge of Barclays Payments business processes & a proven track record of delivering change into BI & BX alike.
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to demonstrate strong negotiation & persuasion skills.
- Strong commercial and financial skills
About BarclaysBarclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic workingWe’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.