Location: Manchester or Northampton
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
In this role, you will be supporting the Risk and Control Team is strengthening the control environment by undertaking reviews against the Barclays Standards to ensure all aspects of the standards are adhered to, and to support with the wider team tasks. to fix and/or modify controls and assurance to ensure that key indicators are measured and those relevant risk tolerances are managed through the Barclays Control Framework.
- Undertake reviews of Standards against the current control landscape
- Support with and undertake Gap Analysis, to identify areas of improvements
- Support with the reporting of the operational activities through various forums, ensuring the data provided is up to date and accurate
- Maintain knowledge of Standards and Support with the on-going management of the issues on ORAC ensuring all relevant issues, action Risk events are managed in line with standard requirements
- Support the production and execution of the Risk and Control oversight meetings, ensuring key risks are raised and escalated to appropriate Senior Management /Stakeholder control forums as appropriate
- Ensure the administration and documentation surrounding all control routines is of a high standard, including and not limited to meeting papers/presentations, action logs and remediation plans Risk oversight meetings, Control forums, Product forums, Service Management forums and others as required
- Strong business and risk identification/analysis
- Strong use of judgement based on analysis of factual and qualitative information across complex scenarios
- Strong knowledge of Risk and Control
- Decision making skills and the ability to make risk based judgements regarding the prioritisation of different work and projects
- Problem Solving and analytical skills to be capable of gathering relevant information to draw conclusions and take action accordingly
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.