Reporting Governance Analyst
Overall purpose of role:
- Support MRM for BCBS239 and GDMS initiatives including Full Compliance.
- Actively participating in automating processes within MRM using tools such as Tableau & Alteryx.
- Support MRM in producing all reports which are in scope of BCBS239.
- Support BCBS239 lead to represent the team at relevant data/control governance committees and working groups, as well as an active role in producing data governance forum packs..
- Perform Risk Control Self-Assessment for BCBS239 and GDMS control.
- Identify opportunity to automate control environment
- Look to continuously improve the control environment
- The successful applicant will be responsible to support team for ensuring that Reporting and Data controls are implemented and maintained in BAU for MRM in accordance to DARCS and GDMS.
- The candidate needs to provide guidance on technology impact of BCBS239.
- Experience in Risk or other parts of Banking: ability to understand Risk and/or banking products and explain them at a high level.
- Experience in Technology, preferably as a developer or project manager: Ability to draw on prior experience of developing software and/or managing software and technology related products.
- Knowledge of or Exposure to Data Science: Ability to understand data science concepts, discuss data science solutions, propose and implement solutions.
- Communication - Strong communication skills. Can produce concise, organized and thoughtful presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Knowledge/Experience in Alteryx & Tableau – In order to help MRM automate processes.
Project Management – Ability to run projects independently and has a grasp of PM concepts and best practices.
- Experience of or exposure to either Technology or Data Science: Ability to understand, discuss, design and implement solutions. Should be able to write code when necessary.
- Communication - Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of / experience in Python and SQL.
- Experience with Project Management tools (JIRA, MS Project) and the MS Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Project, Visio and SharePoint skills)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.