Location - London (remote to start)
Duration - 6 months
PAYE Direct - Inside IR35
The Remediation PMO supports complex Remediation Projects to ensure adherence to Portfolio governance and controls. The role focuses on delivery, adverse milestone monitoring, reporting, building stakeholder relationships and engaging with the senior management team, project management and shared service community on a regular basis.
This role will lead the PMO activities on a number of Remediation projects, some of which are reportable to the FCA. Therefore, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate timeliness and high levels of quality for all project aspects of central governance. Tasks include; producing project status reports, reviewing and challenging RCS project plans, RAID management, RCS project configuration management (end to end project documentation), Case Decision Committees, Throughput (MI), Change Requests, Project Steer Co. and Exec Reporting.
- Developing and maintaining the strategic case for change within the Remediation portfolio including the identification of the key business changes that the Portfolio will enable and how they support the strategic intent of the company. Working in collaboration with the PMO team to maintain the strategic risk and issue log for the programme. Including the management of Remediation plans.
- Contribute as part of the Remediation Portfolio Team to the successful outcomes of projects, working closely with project team members to clearly understand and anticipate project/business needs, continuously seeking opportunities to raise quality standards and minimise lead times.
- Responsible for the Governance process and deliverables on complex and high profile Remediation programmes that are presented to the FCA
- Supporting the PMO leadership team, by development and continuous improvement of methodology, identification and deployment of best practise delivering innovative solutions.
- Chair various meetings to ensure Governance is applied consistently and ensure programmes are delivered on time and in line with the defined RCS Portfolio governance
- Supporting the delivery of the strategic RCS dashboard, including; expediting issues and risks. reporting progress to senior management.
- Ensuring that all Risks and Issues are identified, assigned, tracked and managed. Ensuring the quality of information is robust, timely and appropriate.
- Proactively highlight any threats to RCS project delivery and ensure that the critical path is always clearly identifiable and known to all relevant owners and key stakeholders
- Ensure that all contributors to project plans are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that the management team are made aware of any concerns on the plan, tasks or deliverables.
- Own and implement relevant Group policy, standards and processes to ensure adherence across Portfolio
- Produce associated MI, Provide QA to ensure the projects in the Portfolio are adhering to appropriate controls.
- Assess the accuracy and governance applied to various reporting.
- Ensure RCS Portfolio governance is applied consistently to project sign off by the Business, Legal, Compliance.
- Translate complex detailed project statements into executive commentary palatable to Senior management
- Ensure adherence to Change Control procedures in line with the Change Framework
- Lead on Impact Assessments as required
- Identify hotspots/ opportunities and work with the wider team to resolve
- Ensure lessons learnt are captured by project delivery teams and shared at Portfolio level
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- Proven track record working in a Portfolio/Programme/Project Management Office (PMO) to drive governance and control of change delivery, ideally within the Financial Services industry
- Successfully operated and delivered a PMO service at Portfolio/Executive level
- Understanding of Exec level requirements and anticipating where possible
- Being able to produce materials and MI at an Exec level
- Being able to respond to urgent demands, manage changing priorities and deliver to tight timescales
- Strong Leadership skills
- Extensive experience in Chairing meetings up to a senior level; to confidently deliver the purpose and agenda items of meetings
- Strong Stakeholder management capabilities
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills and able to bring across complex messages clearly and succinctly
- Experience of working on large and complex business projects, programmes or portfolios
- Proficient user of MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to drive initiatives forward
Desirable Skills/Preferred Qualifications
- Formal external change delivery qualification/accreditation (e.g. Prince2, P30, PPSO)
- Exposure to regulatory programmes
- Exposure to remediation programmes
- Exposure to shared service environments
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.