Length: 6 months
Overall Purpose of the role
A key role in TCR Portfolio, PMO supports complex Remediation Projects to ensure adherence to TCR Portfolio governance and controls. The role focuses on delivery, adverse milestone monitoring, reporting, building stakeholder relationships and engaging with the senior management team, project management and shared service community on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining the central Portfolio Plan and reporting, including identification and check & challenge against Project planned deliverables across the Portfolio.
- Working in collaboration with the PMO team to maintain the strategic risk and issue log for the programme. Including the management of Remediation plans.
- Contribute as part of the Remediation Portfolio Team to the successful outcomes of projects, working closely with project team members to clearly understand and anticipate project/business needs, continuously seeking opportunities to raise quality standards, through education of responsibilities and minimise lead times.
- Responsible for the Governance process and deliverables on complex and high-profile Remediation programmes that are presented to the FCA
- Supporting the PMO leadership team, by development and continuous improvement of methodology, identification and deployment of best practise delivering innovative solutions.
- Chair various meetings to ensure Governance is applied consistently and ensure programmes are delivered on time and in line with the defined TCR Portfolio governance
- Supporting the delivery of the strategic TCR dashboard, including, expediting risks and issues. Reporting progress to senior management as required
- Proactively highlight any threats to TCR project delivery and ensure that the critical path is always clearly identifiable and known to all relevant owners and key stakeholders
- Ensure that all contributors to project plans are aware of their responsibilities.
- Assess the accuracy and governance applied to TCR reporting.
- Ensure TCR Portfolio governance is applied consistently throughout the project lifecycle.
- Translate complex detailed project statements into executive commentary palatable to Senior management
- Ensure adherence to Change Control procedures in line with the Change Management Framework
- Policy and Standards - Lead on Impact Assessments as required
- Ensure lessons learnt are captured by project delivery teams and shared at Portfolio level
Essential requirements for this role
- Proven track record working in a Portfolio/Programme/Project Management Office (PMO) to drive governance and control of change delivery, ideally within the Financial Services industry
- Successfully operated and delivered a PMO service at Portfolio/Executive level
- Understanding of Exec level requirements and anticipating where possible
- Being able to produce materials and MI at an Exec level
- Extensive experience in Chairing meetings up to a senior level; to confidently deliver the purpose and agenda items of meetings
- Strong Stakeholder management capabilities
- Experience of working on large and complex business projects, programmes, or portfolios
- Implicit understanding of how to handle sensitive information
- A knowledge of Excel VBA would also be beneficial
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.