Remediation Analyst - Rigour Manager
Remediation Analyst - Rigour
Location - London/Northampton/Glasgow
Duration - 6 months
PAYE Direct - Inside IR35
This role is within the Barclays Remediation Portfolio. This will be a multi-faceted role, including managing batches through project workflow processes and would fit candidates that are comfortable thinking on their feet. Role holders will need to fully understand the strategic and tactical requirements, the implications and configuration of activities to suit the required and/or agreed solutions.
- Support the Head of Rigour Shared Service, Customer Portfolio Programme, to ensure that all projects across the portfolio benefit from a robust and thorough Rigour function. Lead the coordination of team’s activities, ensuring the requirements of all projects and the wider business are delivered.
- The role holder will be responsible for:
- Understanding the objectives and timelines of all projects. Lead the requirement definition and delivery of these on behalf of the Rigour shared service. Ensure project’s requirements are articulated to Direct team.
- Ensure Rigour checks are undertaken within agreed SLA, taking the lead on management of the day-to-day team activities, ensuring effective use of all resources.
- Ensure that appropriate controls are considered and implemented as required by Projects and reviewed and modified as appropriate. Use Lessons Learnt and experience from other projects to help shape requirements.
- Ensure all requirements are clearly and unambiguously documented to portfolio standard.
- Lead on ‘deep-dive’ investigations as required – using experience and knowledge to help shape on-going requirements for portfolio.
- Have a culture of continuous improvement using Lean methodologies as appropriate, challenging where the approach could be improved or modified.
- Lead day-to-day project engagement in an open and honest way, building trust and confidence with stakeholders, ensuring delivery of project milestones
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders across the portfolio and also within BAU. Utilise existing network to support team objectives.
- Act as escalation point for complex Rigour queries using experience and network to resolve. Ensure that the function maintains sufficient evidence of checks to ensure any audit is satisfactorily passed. Any evidence will need to satisfy both internal and independent external auditors
- Understanding of and ability to articulate, design and implement process and workflow
- Analysis and mapping of activities
- Skilled in the use of documentation and presentation software tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Live Meeting, Webinars).
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be highly energetic and delivery focused, with the ability to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style. The person should be a relationship builder and with a reputation for integrity, evoking rapid trust and confidence in clients, colleagues and team.
Relevant experience of investigation, analysis, review and improvement of:
- BAU processes and operational controls
- Client contracts and processing
- Project relevant controls when change or remediation required
- Historic product offerings as required for project or BAU specific needs
- Root cause analysis on a client or product or operational case
- Investigations to understand project relevant client related cases
- Remediation Experience required
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.