Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
This role predominantly focuses on the implementation of regulatory reforms developed by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) as well as the European & UK regulators, in terms of both reporting and disclosure within the firm, coupled with the on-going monitoring of regulatory developments that can also impact in this regard. The individual will work with various areas across the globe.
The Basel Committee (BCBS) is the international body responsible for setting prudential rules for large, internationally active banks. Since the financial crisis of 2007/09, the BCBS together with Local Regulators has been updating various frameworks to further enhance the risk management and supervision of banks.
- Support Pru-Reg CoE - Projects Team in understanding and interpretation of Finance, Risk and Treasury requirements.
- Create analysis and artefacts alongside the Workstream lead.
- Face off to one or many business areas/SMEs understanding high level requirements and challenging where necessary.
- Work independently to elicit, validate and document business requirements and input into solution design where necessary.
- Present findings, requirements and problem statements to relevant programme forum / Design Authority with supporting documentation.
- Define analysis approach in line with the strategic vision of the programme and the preferred methodology of the organisation.
- Support production of governance materials from the programme (e.g. workstream meetings, steering committee updates).
- Support the Testing Strategy and input into the coverage of Test scenarios and conditions ensuring all requirements in scope are tested.
- Participate in the testing cycle and own the resolution of defects pertaining to requirement and design clarifications.
- Articulate and present commercial effectiveness of requirement proposals within a project or initiative.
- Experience and knowledge of Financial and Control/Governance frameworks and processes.
- Experience and knowledge of Financial and/or Regulatory Reporting environment(s).
- Has enough knowledge of specialist area to be credible with business users and SMEs. Is still developing SME knowledge in a number of areas.
- Exposure to working in medium to large scale change initiatives.
- Experience of preparing and issuing a range of key business analysis deliverables.
- Experience of communicating with a wide array of people and some experience of stakeholder management.
- Experience of some of the underpinning frameworks and tools for business analysis documentation.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office products with some experience using other software packages relevant to BA work.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.