Regulatory Reporting Governance VP
Length of contract: 6 months initially
We are looking for a Regulatory Reporting Governance VP on a contract basis who will be responsible to ensure that to drive the design and implementation of governance requirements as well as establishing themselves as an SME and managing key stakeholder relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The team is currently in the process of going through a number of independent reviews and a key part of the role is to support and facilitate these.
- Drive governance process improvements and responsible for ensuring best practise governance standards
- Provide SME guidance and to support key stakeholders
- Actively develop a culture of continuous improvement. Review processes, procedures and requirements, on a regular basis, to identify areas for improvement and drive through the necessary changes
- Drive the response to any independent review of the financial regulatory reporting governance standards
- Identify options and design solutions, working with the unit/business Project teams as subject matter expert to optimise services and outputs
- Provide with regards to governance activities supporting the financial regulatory disclosures
- Qualified accountant - regulatory reporting knowledge is an advantage
- Financial governance experience
- Strong control awareness including understanding the key controls required in a financial institution
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage a number of deliverables at pace
- Proven interpersonal, influencing and team working skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and cope with the demand of working to tight deadlines
- University degree or equivalent
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.