Regulatory Change Programme Manager
Regulatory Change Programme Manager
Glasgow / London (remote role)
Length: 6 months
We are looking for a Regulatory Change Programme Manager to join on a contract basis to support the Global Markets Operations Team to ensure change priorities are driven from within, while influencing and contributing to the banks strategic and regulatory change agenda.
What will you be doing?
- Defining, assessing and supporting the implementation of strategic, regulatory and tactical business change that will facilitate client service improvements, capacity savings, increased alignment between segments of the organisation, regulatory obligations and a move towards the implementation of our strategic target operating model
- Central Securities Depository Regulation (CSDR) is a multi-year regulatory delivery across all global Barclays entities.
- Support the implementation of CSDR through the ownership and management of key pillars of the project, as well as assisting other pillars to delivery in line with the regulation
What we’re looking for:
- Strong Operations/Back Office background with ability to understand complex trading flows across products, in multiple jurisdictions and entity structures-
- Strong understanding of the post trade landscape including the roles and responsibilities different parties play in the settlement of a securities transaction
- Prior experience of extensive interaction with Legal and Compliance functions
- Knowledge of prior European regulatory implementations such as MiFID II, Brexit, Structural Reform
- Previous experience of working on regulatory change and/or industry movement
- Strong communication skills with the confidence and ability to interact and influence senior MD stakeholders across global business units
- Experience of managing external stakeholders such as outsourced software and service providers
- Ability to provide measured content as well as working in a small but global team environment
- Confident to challenge and be challenged by the team and stakeholders
- Ability to spot areas for improvement or increased efficiency
- Capable of identifying, evaluating and leading multiple solutions to reach the right outcome for the business
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A positive can do attitude, combined with strong attention to detail
- Competency with Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Where will you be working?
Glasgow or London but this role is completely remote
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.