Regulatory Business Analyst
Regulatory Business Analyst
Length: 6 months
About the role:
- This role will hold responsibility for specific analysis, design and oversight elements of specific initiatives within the broader Finance Transformation program. You will be “hands on” supporting transformation activities to ensure outcomes align with finance architecture strategy.
- The role will be varied, depending on the initiative and the stage in the project life cycle requiring FBA support. This will include data analysis, process assessment, and future state operating model/process
design, promoting best practice design concepts and solutions.
- The role will give you exposure to the forefront of finance change, and experience across the breadth of Finance and Barclays.
What will you be doing?
- Working with Regulatory Reporting and Risk FTCs to understand and document current and target data flows and processes;
- Translating business requirements into user stories or functional design specifications to support technology development of RDH, data and process change;
- Analysing data to support data sourcing design;
- Preparing topics for review with Finance, Project & Technology stakeholders;
- Documenting elements in support of data taxonomy, reference data and calculations;
- Design test plans and operational change controls;
- Support testing execution and reporting.
What we’re looking for:
- Financial services experience (retail and/or investment banking would be advantageous)
- Regulatory, reporting experience
- Delivery and project experience
- Knowledge of Finance process, system and technologies;
- Appreciation of data principles, including data modelling and data design;
- Experience of finance transformation programs and/or system implementation programs.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent PowerPoint skills,
- Strong data manipulation skills including Excel and experience using one or more data manipulation tools (e.g. Qlikview, Business Objects, Lumira, Smart View, Hive, Python, SQL, SAS);
- A range of written and verbal communication skills, including influencing and negotiating with a broad set of stakeholders, often with conflicting priorities;
- Academic or professional qualifications;
- Finance process experience relevant to the role, details are available through the resourcing team;
- Technology transformation experience relevant to the role, details are available through the resourcing team;
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.