Regulatory Advisory Analyst
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
As a Regulatory Advisory Analyst the role holder will be integral in supporting the BXMO Internal Supplier Advisory with providing relevant strategic and regulatory inputs in respect of the implementation and operation of group-wide intra-group arrangements, including business impact analysis specifically relating to internal outsourcing, non-outsourcing and associated regulatory requirements.
This will include:
- Support change initiatives in undertaking business impact assessments based on latest regulatory policy requirements across UK, EU, US and wider jurisdictions
- Support Group functions, Business Units and Legal Entities to develop briefing materials for senior management (up to Group ExCo)
- Develop materials for engaging internal stakeholders and regulators in the on-going dialogue relating to internal outsourcing, and non-outsourcing, and Barclays’ service delivery model. This may also include the production of materials for and responses to requests for information from regulatory authorities across the UK, US, EU and elsewhere.
- Support the operation and evolution of group-wide IGSPS controls to enable alignment with regulatory requirements, alongside Barclays’ service model and business objectives
- Apply strategic thinking and analysis based on relevant market and regulatory insight on outsourcing, non-outsourcing and related regulatory drivers
- Support in the refresh and development of materials used to facilitate internal discussions and the on-going dialogue with our authorities (including responses to regulatory requests for information and regulatory engagement packs)
- Clear and structured planning is essential in managing and executing the effective implementation and operation of intra-group arrangements and controls, and co-ordinating the development of internal and external (e.g. regulatory) materials in respect of internal outsourcing and non-outsourcing and Barclays’ model.
- Engage and collaborate with BUK, BI, Functions, BX COO and Technology in the development and implementation of regulatory requirements. The role will interact with key stakeholders in BUK, BI and COO up to and including Managing Director and across the three lines of defence.
- Identifies complex risks, anticipates obstacles and where necessary prepares contingency
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Ability to operate across a diverse and varied range of functional areas, assimilate information rapidly, conduct detailed analysis and contribute to discussions and decisions that will have strategic impact on the Group
- Ability to distil complex issues to clear and concise briefings for senior management
- Experienced in meeting challenging deadlines set by internal and external stakeholders
- Interest in regulatory drivers across UK, EU, US and other applicable jurisdictions
- Experience of working in a changing regulatory environment and ability to adapt
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience in service management / business management / business analysis / financial services, including the ability to manage a diverse stakeholder group
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to assimilate complex regulatory information rapidly, and to quickly understand risk and control issues
- Experience of regulatory engagement and experience of delivering within change programmes
- Experience of corporate structures, preferably within the global financial services industry
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge in respect of internal outsourcing and non-outsourcing, and associated requirements underpinning compliance with group-wide policies and guidance, and associated regulatory rules
- Understanding of Barclays and its internal structures
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.