Reg Policy FRTB Implementation
Location: London (Hybrid working)
Length: 6 months
Overall Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will operate within the Barclays International-aligned team in Finance Regulatory Policy, with the aim of supporting Fundamental Review of the Trading Book implementation across Finance. This will predominantly focus on Trading Book Boundary related activities and entail working with colleagues across the business, Risk and Finance, including Product Control.
- Enforcing Policy view with stakeholders around Barclays on the shape of Trading Book boundary required to be compliant with FRTB
- Proposing improvements to existing control framework required for Policy and Finance more broadly
- Leading workshop discussions with colleagues across Barclays to ensure clarity on roles and responsibilities on FRTB implementation, providing technical insight where needed
- Being a go-to / SME on FRTB implementation for internal briefings and management updates
- The successful candidate will be expected to build on existing relationships that the team has across businesses and functions (Treasury, Risk, Regulatory Reporting).
Essential requirements for this role
- Demonstrates good levels of self-awareness, with potential and drive to develop. Equipped with a strong appetite for learning and an ability to assimilate and analyse information / regulations quickly.
- Track record of making thoughtful recommendations or probing others to enhance / build on existing ideas
- Ability to understand the salient features and commercial drivers of new products and corporate structures.
- Good interpersonal, influencing and team working skills, with the capability to build and sustain effective working relationships, while working towards technically robust outcomes that also consider commercial and strategic objectives.
- Good working knowledge of Basel-derived prudential regulatory concepts.
- Financial Services industry experience, with a working knowledge of basic investment banking / traded risk products.
- Ability to communicate information in an accessible manner to a range of audiences.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment, making material recommendations, often with imperfect information and subject to review/challenge.
- Strong control awareness including understanding the key controls required in a bank, with an appreciation of reputational risk factors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with internal clients and establish credibility with stakeholders
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.