QA / Automation Test Analyst
Automation Test Analyst
About Pre-Trade Markets Technology
Pre-Trade Markets Tech is made up of 1,000+ colleagues and technologists globally across UK, US, India, Czech Republic, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong.
We are responsible for designing, building, deploying, and supporting all of the technology solutions required for the Markets front office trading as well as solutions for Sales, Research, and Banking. We cover all asset classes including Credit, Equities, FX, and Rates. We partner closely with the heads of the business in order to deliver market leading platforms to meet our clients’ needs.
- Develop exceptional, robust tests that will play a central role in the continuous integration pipeline. A zero tolerance approach to flaky tests is required.
- Work closely with the development teams to contribute and take responsibility of the test design and execution in various phases of the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to the wider QA team, bringing forward new ideas and taking accountability for improvements to the test framework and processes.
- Participate in agile sprints, and use automated and exploratory test case design in an agile development environment.
- Strong automation testing experience in a complex area (does not have to be FX or Banking).
- Exceptional development skills including Java
- Good knowledge of standard development and build tools, e.g. GIT, TeamCity etc.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Unix and Relational databases
- Experience with continuous delivery and automation, and understanding of application containerisation.
- Investment banking experience, ideally working on a front office trading application.
- Experience with e-commerce systems.
- Experience gained in Foreign Exchange Cash & Options and/or Money Markets.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees, and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.