Project Support Officer
Project Support Officer
Length: 6 Months
Overall purpose of role
The Project Support Officer will support the Wellington Lead PMO and Project Management team in all aspects of project deliverables within Programme Wellington, Barclays Partner Finance. Primary responsibilities will be communicating with stakeholders, gathering requirements, and making sense of these requirements in order to ensure that the end products will solve the problem statement. Application of the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage the delivery of a project through to closure.
- Assist with the day-today administration of the Project Manager, as well as the entire team working on Wellington, by scheduling diaries, meetings, and keeping everyone updated
- Create and maintain documentation, which includes ensuring that the Accountable Executive and other key stakeholders have relevant and timely initiative market intelligence
- Deploy effective change control processes, ensure the business case is updated and managed through appropriate governance
- Provide support in assessing risks, including the tracking of thematic issues, early identification and management of RAIDs; and complete Change Risk Impact Assessment (CRIA) when required
- Support the team in tracking outcomes, ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant
The person we are looking for:
- Preferably a Project Support Officer, with experience in large scale transformation programmes
- Excellent understanding and experience on project lifecycle, Project Management & PMO methodologies and tools
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders across Business, Technology and other areas
- A general understanding and experience of Barclay’s business, structure, as well as customers
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.