Project Manager - HR Optimisation
Length: 4 months
Overall purpose of role:
In this role, you will be accountable for delivery of activity within the HR Optimisation team’s book of work.
You must be able to deliver a range of projects, with a level of capability across all four of the HR Optimisation team disciplines (Business Analysis, Project Management, Change Management, Operating Model).
HR Optimisation team offer a range of services delivering change within the HR function, and supporting business transformation more broadly. As a Project Manager this role will lead across a variety of HR projects, partnering with stakeholders across multiple parts of HR, and across the Group more broadly.
- Generate deliverables independently and autonomously
- Able to think through and generate thoughtful change, bringing the best tools and methods to the table to support design conversations
- Provide structure and transparency on progress of the design activity incorporating the engagement and education of a range of stakeholders, including senior HR management, across all stages from inception through to delivery.
- Provide project management delivery including planning, RAID management and PMO and sponsor
- Strong knowledge of the project lifecycle
- Able conduct a Change Impact Assessment to determine the impact on a wider range of stakeholders (including changes to processes, organisation, governance, technology and success measures).
- Able to engage nominated business and HR function SMEs independently including at D and MD level in
the execution of design workshops to capture Barclays HR and business requirements into the design
- Work with Technology Development and Architecture Teams to ensure Technology solutions will be
adopted by the HR Function and that associated changes
- Provides oversight and line management for 1-3 AVPs
- Builds the brand of the HR Optimisation team through strong delivery and stakeholder engagement
- Manage and maintain strong stakeholder relationships independently and build a wide network across HR
and Functions more broadly
- An understanding of industry best practise for HR Operating Models
- Experience in leading Operating Model design that have a particular focus on:
o Digital and customer / user experience;
o Implementation of new systems or technologies;
o Working with operational teams that may need to change as a result of a new Operating Model; or
o Conducting Change Impact Assessment to determine the impact on a wider range of stakeholders
- Effective interpersonal and Influencing skills with an ability to operate with a broad range of HR and business stakeholders.
- Understanding of Lean, agile and associated execution principles
- Knowledge and experience of Change Management approach and methodology
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management approach and methodology
- Knowledge and experience of Business Analysis approach and methodology
- Experience working within an HR function
- Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (e.g. Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile preferred
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.