Programme Manager - Change Delivery
London (remote to start - must live in commutable distance to either London, Glasgow or Northampton for when offices reopen fully)
Contract Length: 6 months
We are looking for a Programme Manager to join the Barclays UK Transformation team. The team is responsible for the Execution of change and is a high performing Centre of Excellence for PMs, BAs and UAT colleagues through the Delivery Practice, Boot Camps and Delivery by Deliverers interventions, providing a career path and platform for project professionals, including industry best qualifications.
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for project delivery activities aligning to the business case, scope, schedule and cost constraints inherent within the change environment at the programme / large project level and how they intersect with key enablers required for successful delivery (integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, HR management, communications management, risk management and procurement management).
- Accountable for programme planning, including the progressive elaboration of scope into detailed work packages underpinning a critical path at the programme and large project level.
- The creation, management, and execution of a risk management framework including risk trigger/identification, risk assessment, risk control, and risk mitigation.
- The creation and execution of a programme / large project control framework encompassing resource management, financial control management and governance/compliance management.
- Accountability for the delivery of an end-to-end business and technology solution supported by the supply chain (internal and external) across multiple processes, systems and infrastructure.
- Leads direct reports (Senior Project Managers) deputising for the Programme Director as required.
- Acts as a role model in terms of behaviour and commitment to collaboration across the change delivery organisation.
- Lead and champion key activities to enhance the wider team culture such as but not limited to: Citizenship, Knowledge, Process & Tools, Resource Assignment Management, Recruitment & Onboarding, Professional Development, Culture, and Unified PM.
- Be a key influencer in ensuring projects leverage the Citizenship Lens to 'do the right thing' for customers and, wherever appropriate, support the corporate ethos of being a force for good in the community.
What we’re looking for:
- Project Management/Business Change experience in cross functional teams
- Successful people leadership at a senior level within a large organisation
- Confident and strong ability to influence key Stakeholders through presenting and interpreting data
- Industry expertise in Change Management to add value to business requirements through expert advice and support
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Desired Project Management Professional accreditation from the Project Management Institute
- Graduate calibre with significant commercial management experience across a number of business disciplines
- Confident in understanding business strategy and ensuring projects are delivering to that strategy
- Manipulate reports and analyse data to put forward recommendations and suggest new way of working
Where will you be working?
This is a remote role (Must live in commutable distance to either London, Glasgow or Northampton for when offices reopen fully)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.