Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The AVP Product Manager is responsible for understanding and scoping customer requirements, and working across the People Analytics and Culture (PAC) team to develop impactful products. In addition, the AVP Product Manager will be required to translate the value that the product delivers to the customer, and ensure that they have considered appropriate business context and narrative.
The role holder will support the VP Product Manager with interactions with the customer, and will support to bridge the gap between PAC with other HR TCs and business stakeholders.
The role requires relationship management skills to understand and govern customer needs as well as technical skills to steer product development. This will often involve translating insight into meaningful stories that influence and shape business decisions and outcomes.
- Work with internal customers, including entity aligned HR Business Partners, Business Leaders and their delegates, to identify their insight needs across the Organisation Design, Workforce Planning and External Labour Market domains. The products will typically focus on helping customers answer key questions regarding organisation size and shape, skills, cost and location of the workforce.
- Lead cross-functional teams composed of PA&C sub-services (e.g. Data Products) and key HR and business stakeholders to define the scope and execute the delivery for each product.
Support the future development of products from idea creation through to production and adoption. Act as the product owner for the delivery of insight solutions, working closely with the Data Products team to translate customer requirements into impactful products.
- Data understanding: help identify the data required to produce the most meaningful insight; become an SME with regards to Organisation Planning Analytics’ data quality needs/issues, partnering closely with the HR Chief Data Office and Data Products team to prioritise against the delivery plan.
- Assist with product launches including materials to support the product usage, communications to stakeholders and running product demonstrations.
- Translate findings and analytics-derived insights into easy-to-understand stories, with actionable recommendations for internal clients to implement.
- Strong track record of business / systems architecture and analysis disciplines, including enterprise architecture; specific experience with lean and agile methodologies and tools is preferable
- Analysis, creativity and innovation – able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business critical problems.
- Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to be close to the external market to identify and understand new emergent technologies and solutions and their potential for application within the Bank.
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment and private capital markets.
- Consultancy skills to be able to understand the bigger picture and effectively solve business problems and identify ways to make both customers and colleagues lives easier; effectively articulate options, impacts and solutions.
- Background in technology innovation projects within financial services.
- Superior drive for results; able to juggle priorities, multi-task and execute flawlessly at speed
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Product ownership - understand the product life cycle and common pitfalls, as well as how to lead agile multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of products.
- Relationship management - excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience managing stakeholders and the business, and be able to adapt style accordingly.
- Story-telling - ability to translate complex technical detail into simple, compelling narratives that lead the customer to tangible actions they can take to address business challenges.
- Microsoft Office - Excel and experience of producing executive level presentations in PowerPoint.
- Business partnering – experience in working with business stakeholders (HR domain preferable, not essential), that’s involved influencing and managing stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Commercial acumen - strong understanding of how corporate organisations operate, including a good level of commercial knowledge (business strategy, financials) to help inform how products can impact commercial outcomes.
- Data tools and platforms - experience of working with MI Direct Access Tools (e.g. dashboards) and data platforms,
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.