Product Control Manager (Hedge Accounting)
Length of contract: 6 months initially
We are looking for a Product Control Manager (AVP) on a contract basis who will be principally responsible for monthly monitoring and reporting of segmental (head office) and statutory P&L, and model management of certain bespoke hedge accounting activities. The team has wide diversity in responsibilities, and interacts with stakeholders from multiple Finance Transaction Cycles across the bank.
- Reporting across multiple entities in a solus and consolidated lens, forging stakeholder relationships at each entity level
- Ledger management, control and journal execution in a complex accounting discipline
- Review, build and run regression models and trade pricing tools that underpin bespoke trading strategies supported by Hedge Accounting
- Manage and support technology development of in-house Hedge Accounting platform (Consaepio) and related models
- Develop an understanding of how potential negative rates in the UK and the Libor Reform program impair Hedge Accounting’s ability to mitigate P&L volatility and support resolution analytics on an ongoing basis
- Fully qualified accountant and product control experience
- Hedge accounting knowledge would be advantageous, ideally gathered in a financial institution with interest rates being the key managed risk
- Demonstrable experience of participating in change projects
- Excellent Excel skills (VBA, SQL, Python highly desirable but not necessary)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; tested in presentations, policy documents and stakeholder meetings/forums
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.