Process Optimisation Analyst VP
Length of contract: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
- Business Architect’s purpose is to frame & develop commercial solutions to unlock business and client value. This is achieved by focusing on the following Goals.
- Process simplification discovered through data mining insights
Portfolio service engagements unlock value for strategic priority areas.
- Rapidly identify high value opportunities at scale.
- Wide-spread reputation for resolving complex problems.
- All critical recommendations are adopted
- Utilise process optimisation methods and techniques to identify opportunities to unlock value for process sponsors and stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver process optimisation reviews during compressed and extended time frames to achieve defined objectives for key stakeholders.
- Able to frame optimisation opportunities in a way that is accessible, flexible and responsive to the required outcomes of varying Businesses and Functions.
- Embed process optimisation fundamentals; process documentation (maps and attributes), metrics, root cause analysis .
- Challenge the status quo; offer the organisation a different way of approaching the way we operate.
- Deliver solutions that adhere to agreed process design standards and Barclays’ Operating Principles.
- Practise-what-we-preach; apply process principles to all output by ensuring waste and rework are avoided within the team.
- Ensure all team outputs adhere to all applicable process related standards.
- Strategic thinking around the direction of the team and potential future partnerships .
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of artefacts and output material created by the team
- Clear and logical thought processes allowing effective communication both orally and in writing.
- Strong presentational skills (both preparation and delivery).
- Solid project management skills to ensure project tasks are delivered per committed timelines.
- Strong stakeholder management skills; negotiation, influencing and relationship building .
- Reputation of leading by example and developing junior talent.
- Well developed delegation and team supervision skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to manage with limited supporting resource.
- Highly resilient and resourceful, with the ability to influence internal and external partners .
- Ability to cultivate and foster a culture of collaboration .
- Demonstrates both creative thinking as well as rational / logical thinking
Essential Skills / Basic Qualifications:
- Strong and relevant process optimisation experience (may have been obtained as part of wider management responsibilities.
- Must be significant and demonstrable if so.)
- Stakeholder management, negotiation & influencing skills
Desirable Skills / Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Blue Works.
- Corporate and/or Investment Banking experience .
- Lean / Six Sigma qualified.
- Facilitation skills.
- Process modelling expertise with knowledge and understanding of industry standards.
- Experience of industry recognised process automation tool sets / capabilities.
- Keen interest in innovative process optimisation solutions
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.