Private Banking Assistant
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will form part of a pooled resource team that supports the Private Banker and Private Banking Executive with core administration driven tasks.
The role holder will form part of a pooled resource team, put in place to assist the Private Bankers and Private Banking Executives in administration and management of day-today administration on client relationships including, payments, banking enquiries, changes to static data, plus some ad-hoc administration driven tasks such as preparation of file notes, drafting of letters and other documentation.
The role holder responds in a timely and professional manner to client requests, owning task execution end to end, working pro-actively with Operations, Business Management and I&PO to ensure delivery, resolve issues and reduce / remove errors.
- The role holder will have good overall knowledge of Barclays Private Bank information systems.
- The role holder will be required to achieve a good knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts & principles upon which the job is based.
- The role holder will assist Private Bankers and Private Banking Executives in ensuring adherence to the Global KYC policy. Complying with all regulatory and Private Bank requirements/procedures/controls and recognising/managing risk.
- The role holder will identify opportunities to improve current procedures and ways of working to the benefit of our clients; along with aiding the implementation of the change.
- The role holder will ensure quality, accurate and timely execution of all client and administrative items.
- The role holder is required to have a good understanding of how the team integrates with other teams in order to achieve overall objectives of the area. This “integration” refers to the way teams co-ordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives.
- The role holder will prepare letters and ad-hoc reports for clients and drafts letters for Private Bankers and Private Banking Executives.
- The role holder will address and solve clients' administration inquiries in order to provide high quality personalised service.
- The role holder performs daily operations and transactions on clients' accounts.
- The role holder may need to provide informal guidance and support to new team members, and have a responsibility for providing on-the-job training.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- The right candidate will be technically minded with strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Power point).
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience (administration led) in a similar industry role.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- The right candidate will possess integrity.
- The ideal candidate will be positive and self motivated.
- The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills and adopt a team focus.
- The successful candidate will have examples of when they have been able to deliver accurate work in a timely fashion.
- The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.