Principal Onboarding Analyst
Principal Onboarding AnalystNorthampton
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
The Principal Onboarding Group provides support to the Investment Banking function, facilitating onboarding requests for clients trading in a principal capacity. The team’s primary responsibility is to proactively source and collate information that expedites the completion of Know-Your-Client (KYC), Regulatory (e.g. MIFID), Credit and Legal due diligence, along with investigating and resolving queries. The Principal Onboarding function, in liaison with on-boarding partners (Sales, Clients, KYC, Compliance, Credit and Legal), is designed to oversee the onboarding process to enable trading and provide notice to the business and clients of when they are good to trade. The Principal Onboarding Team is an integral part of the Wholesale Onboarding Division and supports a wide variety of activities across a range of financial markets globally, with teams based across America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Act as a single point of contact for client onboarding, managing various processes during the end to end (E2E) Onboarding process, including request initiation, managing regulatory requirements, and performing control functions.
- Use expert knowledge to ensure prioritised cases are chaperoned through the E2E Onboarding process in the most efficient manner
- Build strong working relationships and liaise with internal and external dependents including Clients, Sales, Trading, KYC, Credit, Legal and Operations.
- Demonstrate personable and confident communication skills to explain the reasons for our Onboarding requirements, to manage Client expectations regarding our processing times, and to always deliver an excellent Client experience making Barclays the ‘go to bank’.
- Analyse, interpret and respond to queries regarding the client onboarding journey and status of specific requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the Onboarding, KYC, Regulatory area.
- Experience within a financial services environment.
- Strong client/stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage heavy volumes of work and prioritize accordingly.
Northampton (working from home then Hybrid)
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.