About Portfolio Management
The mission for portfolio management is to provide diversified investment solutions for clients delegating their investment portfolios, through strategic and tactical asset allocation. The security universe is built through the capabilities of the Investment Bank, external research suppliers and our team of BIS Asset Class specialists, with multi asset class best thinking portfolios created by the PM team. With around £15 billion of client assets the main offices are in London.
Overall purpose of role
A Discretionary Portfolio Manager (DPM) is central to delivering a great experience for clients by providing first class service, managing investment portfolios and contributing to the overall investment process. DPMs act as stewards for our clients and our business – operating both with fiduciary responsibility and a desire to build lasting discretionary relationships in partnership with the WIM Relationship Managers.
- The role holder will be able to demonstrate a thorough grasp of all our investment asset classes, and deeper subject matter expertise in one or more specialist areas with equity analysis a particular focus of this role.
- This role holder will be an experienced PM who has credibility with clients and bankers, a track record in control, risk and performance managing a book of business as well as the capability to manage other senior and experienced individuals, helping to grow and retain our investment team
- The role holder will have strong collaboration skills and be a contributor to our investment ideas forums and process, actively participating, liaising within the DPM team, CIO team and UHNW team in PBOS. They will be visibly supporting and promoting our investment culture.
- The role holder will show good judgement to making a range of changes and adjustments that deliver quality service to their clients and investment performance within their portfolios; as well as being able to build risk managed bespoke portfolios based on varied and distinct sets of individual client mandate/instructions.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be able to manage a book of client portfolios within established tolerances and personal authorisations based on business procedures; escalate breaches of policies/procedure appropriately & support their closure.
- Will comply fully with Barclays Training and Competence supervisory framework.
- Will understand current and forthcoming wider regulatory and compliance regime impacting Wealth and Investment Management business
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- The role holder will be an experienced portfolio manager with knowledge and understanding of multi-asset portfolios and their construction, with a track record of successfully servicing investment clients.
- Working in a wider investment team, the successful applicant will be a dedicated team player. This role requires a diligent, tactful, client focused individual with an ability to relate to a wide range of clients both internally and externally.
- The role holder should have a demonstrable track record of success in direct equity analysis and bring an uncompromising attention to detail, taking personal responsibility to ensure the best results for their clients.
- The role holder will be a graduate with required professional qualifications to demonstrate intellectual capability for the role. They should be fully CISI/CFA qualified and may hold additional relevant local qualifications.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.