PMO Project Manager - AVP
PMO Project Manager - AVP
Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-6 PM
The role holder will support the Wellington Lead PMO lead in all aspects of PMO deliverables across Programme Wellington, Barclays Partner Finance.
Role is responsible for managing the risks associated with change effectively, deliver on our Programme strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders, we must deliver our initiatives consistently and transparently.
Application of the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage the delivery of a project from business case through to closure.
What will you be doing?
- Creating and managing the business case for the project, partnering the Wellington Lead PMO.
- Being responsible for governance and oversight
- Maintaining and actively managing initiative documentation, facilitating key governance fora, reinforcing the accountabilities of key stakeholders, helping to ensure that decisions are made by the right people and based on the right information.
- Determining, monitoring and managing to workforce and financial requirements. Ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant; course correcting where required to ensure the programme delivers on its aims.
- Providing and regularly reviewing an honest, transparent assessment of the project status and RAID (risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies) of the initiative, escalating via appropriate governance; completing (and maintaining) a Change Risk Impact Assessment (CRIA) where required.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience in project management or in PMO
- BA degree in finance, accounting, banking, investment is preferable
- Financial services, banking background
- Experience in providing PMO services for large scale transformation programmes
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders across Business, Technology and other areas
- Excellent understanding and experience on project lifecycle, Project Management and PMO methodologies/tools
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.