Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The role holder will be responsible for delivering professional secretarial and administrative support to Managing Directors within BUK Compliance. The role holder will provide cover for other BUK Compliance PAs as and when required and may also be required to assist the team on large meeting arrangements.
- The role holder will have control and take management of the diaries reminding their respective managers of future commitments and matters requiring their attention.
- Acting as gatekeeper – the role holder will be expected to deal with confidential information where discretion and trust are essential.
- Extensive organisation of internal and external meetings, booking appointments, meeting rooms/hospitability/VC facilities.
- Ensure all calls are answered in a professional manner, messages are taken accurately and passed on immediately.
- Tracking of acceptances and declines for internal and external meetings and taking necessary follow up steps.
- Ensuring all documentation / briefing materials are provided ahead of meetings in a timely manner.
- Booking travel and arranging all logistics in association with travel, arranging visa’s where necessary ensuring the T&E policy guidelines are followed.
- Processing of all expenses both credit card and cash receipts within the T&E policy.
- Managing and organising the on-boarding of new joiners and leavers for the team.
- Managing and tracking of annual leave for the team
- Highly proactive and forward thinking individual with a hardworking, committed, flexible and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to think and plan ahead of schedule when necessary, remaining calm under pressure.
- Must be a strong and adaptable team player who see the role as invaluable to the effective and smooth running of the extended team.
- Proven ability to confidently engage with a variety of stakeholders, from fellow PA counterparts, Senior.
- Management and Senior External Stakeholders.
- Proven ability to take complete ownership of tasks and see through to conclusion in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to details, achieving high pace whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Must be aware of and sensitive to confidentiality issues.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.