HR Operations PA
Length: 6 months (maternity cover)
About HR Operations
HR Operations deliver the core processes that underpin our HR operating model, and provide consistent, quality advice and support to all colleagues globally on general HR queries, including on boarding and screening administration, people management (e.g. absence, transfers and exit), organisation and position management or payroll.
Overall purpose of the role
This role is a six-month maternity cover and is responsible for delivering professional secretarial and administrative support, primarily for two Directors within the HR Operations Team, who together oversee 100+ staff based in the US and UK.
- Primarily supporting two Directors based at the Barclays Campus in Northampton
- Managing diaries, including prioritising and scheduling appointments
- Organising a range of meetings which may involve senior colleagues in both the UK and overseas, and also include internal and external contacts
- Arranging global travel, liaising with internal and external contacts for all bookings and meetings
- Answer telephone queries in a professional manner, ensuring messages are taken / delivered and queries followed through as appropriate
What we are looking for
- Experience as a Personal Assistant to senior staff
- Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel and comfortable using online tools
- Organisational and multi-tasking skills – ability to prioritise and effectively manage a large volume of requests
- Demonstrate resilience and ability to cope in fast-paced environment, being both flexible and able to work across a range of issues
- Experience in HR/HR Operations is an advantage
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.