Length: 6 Months
About BUK Compliance
Barclays UK (BUK) Compliance provides Compliance oversight, advice and guidance to Barclays UK business areas. This includes providing technical guidance, support and tailored feedback on regulatory issues to ensure that new business proposals as well as existing processes, systems and controls comply with regulatory obligations and Barclays own standards and principles.
Overall purpose of role
The role holder will be responsible for delivering professional secretarial and administrative support to Managing Directors within BUK Compliance. The role holder will provide cover for other BUK Compliance PAs as and when required and may also be required to assist the team on large meeting arrangements.
- Extensive organisation of internal and external meetings, booking appointments, meeting rooms/hospitability/VC facilities
- Ensure all calls are answered in a professional manner, messages are taken accurately and passed on immediately
- Ensuring all documentation / briefing materials are provided ahead of meetings in a timely manner
- Booking travel and arranging all logistics in association with travel, arranging visa’s where necessary ensuring the T&E policy guidelines are followed
The person we are looking for:
- Having worked as a personal assistant previously
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to details, achieving high pace whilst maintaining accuracy
- Proactive person who challenges and looks for improvement, a strong and adaptable team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised