Length: 6 months with a high possibility of extension
Working hours: 9-6 PM
The primary purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive support to the BE COO, a BE Exco member as well as to the Dublin based BE COO Function Heads, to organise and co-ordinate on a wide range of topics, to support management on their tasks and help achieve goals with a broad reach and interaction across various countries. Personal initiative together with the ability to confidently interact with a diverse spectrum of people
internally and externally in a variety of situations are key to the role.
What will you be doing?
- Provide comprehensive Exco level administrative support to the BE COO. Organise a range of internal and external meetings and functions at internal/external venues which may involve senior contacts in Ireland and across Europe, including regulators.
- Total control of COO’s diary incl. scheduling appointments.
- Undertake a wide variety of other administrative duties e.g. expense support, record keeping, saving relevant documentation, invoice & purchase order processing, handling supplier correspondence
- Act as first contact for a wide range of stakeholders, some high profile, conveying a professional image at all times
- Support other senior managers during their assistants; absence
- Handling external/internal correspondence verbally and in writing
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant job experience as personal and/or team assistant, ideally with a Banking background
- Experienced in working with MS Office, especially Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Ability to interact with internal/external parties
- Very good planning and organisation skills, time management, attention to detail
- Needs to be able to work independently but also within a broader team structure
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.