Location: Home-based initially and afterwards in Northampton
Length: 6 months with a possibility for an extension
The role holder will be responsible for delivering professional secretarial and administrative support to Directors within the CRFTL function.
- Manage diary, prioritise and schedule appointments
- Organise a range of meetings, workshops, offsite events and functions at internal/external venues and on occasions partnering with vendors.
- Manage logistics for meetings i.e. room bookings and VC requirements, both within UK and globally
- Ensure agenda, packs and materials are compiled and printed before meetings. Follow up on actionable items and ensure deadlines are met
- Arrange global travel, liaise with internal and external contacts for all bookings and meetings
- Arrange visas. Prepare itineraries and briefing packs
- Communications: draft announcements, collate bi-weekly status reports, manage SharePoint and Confluence sites
- Attend internal meetings, take minutes and track actions.
- Act as receptionist for visitors, conveying a professional image at all times
- Act as delegated approver as required.
- Attend certain meetings to take minutes and follow-up on actions
- Create and maintain records and filing systems with the teams which may include confidential/sensitive information.
- Maintain departmental records, e.g. employee contact details and email distribution lists
- Manage desk space and moves.
- Process expenses and arrange payment for invoices.
- Follow up overdue expenses.
- On-board new joiners and arrange seating requirements. Manage leaver process.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets on projects as required, to a high standard.
- Provide cross-cover for other assistants in the wider team.
- Manage holiday calendar for team.
- Identify & introduce new practices and procedures to improve the efficiency
- Organise team events
- Resolve/escalate technical issues
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Key Skills Required:
- Previous experience as a Personal Assistant – Always acts with discretion
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook and Word
- Excellent organisational skills – proven ability to multi-task in a highly pressurised environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – Ability to take minutes and document / communicate actions as required
- Strong stakeholder management – works well as part of a team and able to build sustainable relationships
Purpose and Values
Our purpose is creating opportunities to rise. We support sustainable and inclusive growth by connecting the ideas, innovations and aspirations of our customers and clients to the capital that can bring them to life
For over 325 years we have funded progress, and today we remain committed to helping make our world more sustainable, more inclusive and more connected.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.