Personal Assistant (PA) - Remote Work
Personal Assistant (PA)
Length: 3 months
Full-time (35 hours)
As a Barclays Personal Assistant, you will be working as part of our Barclays UK Chief Technology Office function and responsible for supporting to up to 4 Directors on a full-time basis.
You will work in a fast pace environment as part of a technical team helping to organise and support Directors so the ability to work quickly and accurately and remain calm under pressure is key.
What will you be doing?
- Comprehensive diary management, scheduling appointments, ensuring Directors are always in the correct place on time with all relevant papers
- Organise a wide range of meetings / meeting rooms (internal/external)
- Act as the main reference point both in presence and absence of Directors
- Book all travel arrangements and accommodation
- Collate and circulate meeting agendas/papers
- Manage general correspondence as appropriate
- Process all expenses and IT approvals
- Follow up and highlight any actions/tasks where possible
- Communication cover
- Act as contact point for influential customers on visits, provide hospitality as required and convey a professional image
- Provide back-up administration support for other PAs as required
- Print materials, treating all materials with due care and confidentiality
- Prepare and update documents (Word, Power Point, Excel etc.), to a high standard
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and projects as and when required
- Work with senior level management on a daily basis
What we’re looking for:
- Proven Personal Assistant/secretarial experience supporting Director level
- Highly proficient and professional at all times with a high degree of pro-activity and forward planning capability
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and remain calm under pressure
- Be trustworthy and able to act with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Proactive and able to take the initiative; able to take ownership of tasks and projects seeing them through to completion
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work within a team; able to establish strong relationships with network of contacts (PAs, Executives, team colleagues, etc.)
- Resilient, highly organised and able to cope in a fast paced environment being both flexible and able work across a range of issues
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and manage workload effectively
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good written and verbal skills
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and basic skills in Excel, as well as familiarity with room booking, timesheet and expenses applications
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Where will you be working?
Radbroke, Knutsford (however this will be working from home so there is no restriction on location)
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.