Based in EMEA, US, and APAC Enterprise Technology is a global team of around 8,000 colleagues. It provides modern, reliable, resilient and secure technology infrastructure and services that enables all colleagues to create opportunities for Barclays’ customers and clients to rise. With a customer-centric mindset it seeks to further develop modern technology capabilities that drive sustainable value whilst recognising people as its most strategic capability
Overall purpose of role
The Datacentre Operations Technicians (DCOPS) role is to provide operational support for the Datacentre during a 24x7x365 schedule. The DCOPS tech will be responsible for addressing faults, incidents, and change requests which are reported to the DCOPS team via the ticket management system within designated SLA’s. Installs, Moves, and Changes will be implemented by the DCOPS tech based on work orders submitted to the IMAC team.
- Racking and un-racking of devices according to IMAC plan/schedule
- Connection of power cords from to devices to power outlets
- Ensuring IMAC processes are followed according to procedure
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware issues with servers and other devices
- Record all deliveries and collections at the site
- Escalation to line management if fault cannot be rectified within SLAs
- Documentation and reporting of all faults
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of numerous hardware platforms, IT Infrastructure and interdependencies, such as Storage and SAN elements, Unix and Wintel computing platforms, Networking platforms, emerging technologies from both a distributed systems and Data Centre infrastructure level
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hardware issues at the server level
- Understanding of change and/or incident management in a similar support function (has experience of supporting software tools)
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees, and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.