Operational Due Diligence Analyst
Location: London (Hybrid- 1-2 days in the office)
Length: 6 Months
Hours: 35 Hours, Mon-Fri
Overall purpose of the role:
Operational Due Diligence (ODD) is a critical part of the investment approval process for third party funds and mandates. The role of the ODD team is to identify and assess the business, fund investment, regulatory and governance risks for outsourcing investment management activities to third party managers in the traditional and alternative fund product sectors. Each fund and/or mandate is required to pass the ODD assessment.
The team is made up of ODD Analysts who act in a senior position with a wide coverage of strategy-specific technical abilities and personal responsibility for overseeing a sizeable investor AUM. The role holder responsibilities will include the full adoption of the ODD technology platform and proficient utilisation for various activities. The position will primarily support the senior ODD analysts in maintaining their core activities (fund/manager reviews), whilst assuming project management responsibilities for related team initiatives.
- The role holder is required to fulfil a number of core accountabilities as part of the ODD team process, including supporting the overall ODD assessment process, together with leading related initiatives such as the analysis of audited financial statements for our approved 3rd Party Funds.
- The role holder will not have any direct financial accountability or budgetary responsibilities, although the role will support the overall business/financial imperatives of the wider Funds Product team.
- Using a third party platform to create questionnaires for managers to be reviewed to determine a pass/fail.
- Interaction with key internal stakeholders, providing specific updates either directly or in the monthly Products Review Forum.
- Supporting senior members of the ODD team (Providing technical assistance related to the core work activities of the team (individual manager/fund reviews) and in particular providing alternate support to the ‘primary’ database owner by performing integrity/reconciliations checks of the system on a periodic basis).
- Stakeholder Management
- Understanding of the ODD process
- Reasonable understanding of asset management, ideally from an operational perspective
- Investment Knowledge
- Efficiency in databases
- Strong MS Skills
- A dynamic self-starter as well as an analytical, detailed and logical thinker
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.