Offboarding Manager AVP
Offboarding Manager AVP
Length: 6 months
About Business Area
The key function of the Offboarding team is to remove product and service entitlements to prevent the ability to book trades and settle payments for clients deemed to be ‘inactive’.
Overall Purpose of Role
To work with our stakeholders to achieve a manageable client base to ensure the correct level of service is provided to the right clients, thus aligning the Banks client population with its overall investment strategy and; to reduce the number of accounts requiring regulatory maintenance by introducing a robust process to identify inactive and dormant clients/accounts and deactivate them in a controlled manner.
The role holder will:
- Be the ‘point’ person for the Offboarding Team process, including liaison with all stakeholders, activity providers, system owners
- Be the initial escalation point for the Offboarding team’s BA4 Analyst, addressing any issues which may arise and escalating where appropriate to do so.
- Be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the team mailbox, including categorisation, responding to all correspondence/queries within 36 hrs of receipt
- Be responsible for the production of MI/Analysis where appropriate
- Be involved in Continuous Improvement activities/project work where required – including testing and implementation of new controls and checks
- Have a “Can Do” Attitude that is self-motivated and highly driven with a willingness to accept challenges and work with tight deadlines
- Be a strong communicator at all levels, across a broad spectrum of Business areas, able to manage stakeholder expectations
- Have proven organisational skills, able to manage multiple activities effectively and prioritize as needed with a detail oriented mentality.
- Have a proven track record of identifying and appropriately escalating risks and issues
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
- Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 years’ work experience
- Strong MS Office skills (in particular intermediate Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience of working with/analysing large data sets
- Experience of working collaboratively both on a small team and also with Front Office partners/Senior Management
- Strong risk & control lens
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to make decisions using own initiative and without guidance
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of SDS/Jetbridge
- Working knowledge of Tableau, Hypercube (or experience of SQL or similar programming language)
- Investment Bank Trading system experience/product knowledge
- Broad knowledge of the IB structure, functions and their purpose/scope (Operations/KYC/Legal/Front Office/Risk and Regulatory Programme)
- Experience of creating & following process/procedure documents
- Working with Issues and Actions (ORAC)
- Creation and operation of process Controls
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.