Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
Acting as part of the Modelling work stream for Remediation Projects, the individual will be responsible for providing modelling activities in relation to the calculation of redress and compensation due to clients as determined during the review of various loan related products
- Act as a policy owner for defining Redress calculation policies and procedures, fully documenting rationales with reference to relevant precedents and regulatory frameworks.
- Develop and own calculation models to validate redress calculations using tools such as SAS, SQL, and Excel VBA to ensure that redress principles have been built correctly by the appropriate team
- Excellent communicator and presenter, with the ability to turn complex principles into simply articulated presentations for a non-technical audience.
- Be flexible with managing priorities and multiple projects, able to provide recommendations when there are multiple approaches involved.
- Good source control management for audit-level documentation and accountability within the team.
- Excellent technical knowledge of consumer lending products within the Bank.
- Experience using SQL Server, particularly with CTEs and building robust production-ready scripts.
- Experience with using Excel VBA to perform row-by-row calculations and iterative processes.
- High level of critical thinking and numeracy skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Detail oriented with good time management and works estimation skills.
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic fast moving environment with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in SAS would be advantageous
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.