Modelling Analyst - VP
Length of contract: 6 months initially
We are looking for a Modelling Analyst on a contract basis who will be part of the Modelling work stream for Remediation Projects. The individual will be responsible for providing modelling activities in relation to the calculation of redress and compensation due to clients as determined during the review of various loan related products.
- Act as a policy owner for defining Redress calculation policies and procedures, fully documenting rationales with reference to relevant precedents and regulatory frameworks
- Develop and own calculation models to validate redress calculations using tools such as SAS, SQL, and Excel VBA to ensure that redress principles have been built correctly by the appropriate team
- Excellent communicator and present, with the ability to turn complex principles into simply articulated presentations for a non-technical audience
- Be flexible with managing priorities and multiple projects, able to provide recommendations when there are multiple approaches involved
- Good source control management for audit-level documentation and accountability within the team
- Experience using SAS and SQL for data analytics, with experience using SAS macros and stored processes within Enterprise Guide
- Proficiency in Excel VBA
- Strong communication skills and the ability to guide others both within the modelling team and externally (eg legal, compliance and product)
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic fast moving environment with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.