Modelling Analyst - AVP
Length of contract: 6 months initially
We are looking for a Modelling Analyst on a contract basis who will be part of the Modelling work stream for Remediation Projects. The individual will be responsible for providing modelling activities in relation to the calculation of redress and compensation due to clients as determined during the review of various loan related products.
- Assist in defining Redress calculation policies and procedures, referencing relevant precedents and regulatory frameworks where appropriate
- Develop calculation models to validate redress calculations using tools such as SAS, SQL, and Excel VBA to ensure that redress principles have been built correctly by the appropriate team
- Excellent communicator and present, with the ability to turn complex principles into simply articulated presentations for a non-technical audience
- The role holder will need to have good knowledge over several different products. Analysing historic behaviours and create perfect future profiles for each product
- Experience using VBA and SQL on a daily basis
- Strong ability to analyse historic performance and create perfect future profiles
- Financial services experience with preferably a background in consumer lending
- A strong problem solver with the discipline to meet project deadlines under pressure and to communicate progress, risks/issues in a clear, transparent manner
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.