Length: 6 months
Acting as part of the Modelling work stream for Remediation Projects, the individual will be responsible for providing modelling activities in relation to the calculation of redress and compensation due to clients as determined during the review of various loan related products
- Act as a policy owner for defining Redress calculation policies and procedures, fully documenting rationales with reference to relevant precedents and regulatory frameworks
- Develop and own calculation models to validate redress calculations using tools such as SAS, SQL, and Excel VBA to ensure that redress principles have been built correctly by the appropriate team
- Excellent communicator and present, with the ability to turn complex principles into simply articulated presentations for a non-technical audience
- Be flexible with managing priorities and multiple projects, able to provide recommendations when there are multiple approaches involved
- Good source control management for audit-level documentation and accountability within the team
- Remediation projects have strong and well-proven focus on client communication that can involve direct and indirect interactions with senior leaders within the Corporate, Business and Retail businesses.
- The role holder will need to have good knowledge over several different products. Analysing historic behaviours and create perfect future profiles for each product. Strong interpersonal skills are required to constructively challenge and confidently communicate with other members of the modelling workstream.
- The role holder will need to carry out redress calculations accurately and quickly ensuring that tight deadlines are met and ensuring the wider team meets throughput targets. Expected to contribute and assist the modelling lead in forming Redress policy
- In order for the role holder to perform their function effectively, they will require a detailed knowledge of how other areas within the bank operate and how they may contribute to the work performed within Remediation
- The role holder will need to analyse factual information and make evaluative judgements in order to perform calculations. They will be responsible for forming and following precedents which will contribute to redress policies. A very high level of technical expertise over a wide and complex product portfolio is required
- The performance of the role will affect individual case outcomes and portfolio wide results which impact the client directly.
- The role holder will need strong communication skills and the ability to guide others both within the modelling team and externally (eg legal, compliance and product)
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent technical knowledge of credit card lending and interest charging within the Bank
- Experience using SAS and SQL for data analytics, with experience using SAS macros and stored processes within Enterprise Guide
- Strong ability to analyse historic performance and create counterfactual profiles
- Good communicator and collaborator
- High level of critical thinking and numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Detail oriented with good time management and works estimation skills
- Ability to handle change in a dynamic fast moving environment with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in Excel VBA would be advantageous
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.