Marketing and Attraction Project Manager
Location - London
PAYE Direct only
Duration - 6 months
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
About Barclays HR
The HR Function is made up of c.1,400 people globally in the newly created Transaction Cycles of HR Business Partnering; Delivery & Advisory; Leadership, Talent, Culture and Diversity and Inclusion; Employee Relations; Learning, Talent Acquisition; Reward and Performance; People Analytics; HR Change; Payroll, and HR Operations.
About Talent Acquisition
Our global Talent Acquisition team proactively attracts the most talented candidates, recruiting over 30,000 hires a year, from Early Careers through to Senior Executives. We support our hiring community through our selection, assessment and offer processes, empower colleagues to plan and manage their careers, and are the heart of Barclays' ambition to be a sought after employer. We support the business to develop our current workforce and plan effectively for the future, creating opportunities for both colleagues and external candidates to rise.
Overall purpose of role
Provide a combination of operational and strategic support to the M&A team. The role holder will have five main areas of responsibility:
Support M&A with key strategic activity, taking accountability for producing and maintaining project plans, owning and coordinating key activity and deliverables
Continually improve and innovate within M&A to ensure maximum efficiency and drive a continuous improvement culture through data and insight
Own specific projects or deliverables on behalf of M&A working with internal stakeholders and external Marketing and Attraction partners, acting as conduit and central collation point for strategic deliverables.
To review and research great communications (internal and external) to bring ideas, innovation and best practice to our Marketing and attraction strategy
Ensure our internal stakeholders within Talent Acquisition and beyond are fully informed, engaged and supported on the purpose and use of our marketing & attraction practices and activities in the form of papers / PowerPoint summaries and updates.
Projects & Support - 50%
Overseeing the creation of project plans, presentations, data analysis, and various operational and strategic outputs
Anticipate the needs and requirements of the M&A team using initiative and judgement
Plan appropriate follow up measures whilst minimising operating in a risk and control environment
Strong organisational and communication skills to achieve timely delivery of projects
Participates actively with initiatives and pan-team project work as appropriate, promptly identifying potential impact and ensuring beneficial initiatives are developed and implemented.
Contribute to a culture of innovation, driving and delivering improvements and co-ordinating activity.
Data Management - 30%
- Support internal stakeholders by presenting key updates around attraction/engagement performance
- Gathering and interpreting data and insight to showcase the key outputs and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that Talent Acquisition achieve its group commitments feeding in relevant data and meeting the timelines and commitments made by the function to the group.
Strategic & Operational Development – 15%
- Contribute to strategic M&A design ensuring that all work streams align to strategic vision
- Contribute to strategic business initiatives/projects working with key suppliers to deliver key deliverables
- Evaluate and implement opportunities to improve processes
- Providing training and ongoing support to ensure full understanding of our M&A practices, be able to articulate our content and social methodology
Governance – 5%
- Ensure delivery is in line with global policy
- Understand own responsibility on internal policies and external recruitment legislation.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Ability to juggle priorities, multi- task and flawlessly execute at speed
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, switching between deliverables in a fast, effective way
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, motivated, disciplined individual
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Solid experience in collating and analysing data
- Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners/agencies
- Expert Skills with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel
- Proven track record in project management having the ability to work with multiple sources of information from various stakeholders
Purpose and Values
Our purpose is creating opportunities to rise. We support sustainable and inclusive growth by connecting the ideas, innovations and aspirations of our customers and clients to the capital that can bring them to life. For over 325 years we have funded progress, and today we remain committed to helping make our world more sustainable, more inclusive and more connected.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.