Market Data Vendor Manager
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
Responsible for reviewing contracts related to the data feeds that will be managed from technical perspective by Reference data team feeding into Stargate repository that will be consumed by Barclays applications to support Barclays business activities.
Ensuring that all aforementioned vendors and associated contracts and services are managed within the Firm and department Risk Framework and that contracts covers Barclays requirements.
Support Business Commercial Strategy planning by performing Contract reviews to facilitate Displacement opportunities & activities
Support Rights to Use Compliance review by performing Exchange contract review to negotiate & remediate non-compliant licenses and access
- Reconcile data feeds that are used within Reference Data repository against Market Data MDM database and contract inventory.
- Review the contract versus use case to determine that being used in compliant manner. Identify any issues and work with stakeholders to remediate.
- Negotiate commercial negotiations with relevant Market Data vendors and Exchanges as result of review, liaise with legal and business to ensure favourable commercial terms which meet business requirements and yet mitigate business risk.
- Ensuring that Barclays leverages its global purchasing power with the vendors and undertaking proactive management of the global contracts on behalf of all relevant entities.
- Ensuring that all the terms of all deals are communicated to the relevant entities who are entitled to participate in them, and advise the terms and conditions.
- Chairing and participating in meetings around project activity.
- Ensure that all Barclays Procurement Sourcing and Supplier
- Management Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all relevant databases associated with project are updated.
- Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
- Investment Banking or Financial Markets industry experience within a Market Data Vendor Manager role.
- Required experience working with Market data offerings of
- Major vendors including Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE Data, Markit, Credit Ratings Agencies, Exchanges and Indices.
- Required experience or in depth knowledge of Data flow into and out of Data repositories and feed handlers into applications.
- Required knowledge of key terms and implications and nuance of key usage rights and be able to apply knowledge to both the contract and usage requirements of business to ensure Barclays has needed rights and be able to identify and remediate gaps.
- Required experience in Market Data contract negotiations.
- Required Major market data vendor and product knowledge.
- Required Major market data exchanges knowledge.
- Preferred Supplier Management Experience.
- Strong administration and communication skills
- Preferred good understanding of market data inventory systems, cost allocation, processes and procedures preferably MDM.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
Higher economic, business, technical, legal or finance education degree
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Team Player
- Work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills both written and spoken
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.