Market Data Programme Manager VP
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
- Full accountability of delivery of a portfolio of complex projects with senior management visibility within the Market Data space, spanning across multiple domains and Business areas.
- Leverage experience and subject matter expertise across Market Data products, services, technology types and delivery methods as well as nuances of rights-to-use and various types of data and licenses.
- Manage relationships with internal / external stakeholders providing best in-class market data service
- Responsible for the end-to-end project lifecycle, managing appropriate governance and change framework, including CRAID logs, business requirements documentation and delivery plans.
- Work closely and partner with project teams from IT Ref Data space where applicable to maintain consistency.
- Drive results and ensure delivery of projects on-time within budget and expected quality; ensure output conforms to Barclays’ standards and satisfies objectives and stakeholder requirements.
- Coordinate meetings, track and update agendas and minutes, ensure completion of milestones and tasks. Maintain accurate status information and provide timely updates as required including status reports and SteerCo updates per agreed frequencies. .
- Negotiate and influence at a senior level across multiple areas, ensuring collaborative thinking to solve complex challenges across multiple programmes of change. .
- Act as a role model for the project team, providing support and coaching as needed; cultivate an environment where colleagues can feel comfortable to speak up and challenge the status quo.
- Ensure activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Creation of presentations for Sr.
- Management across portfolio of projects
- Superb written and verbal communication skills are a critical requirement of the position.
- Candidate must feel comfortable to speak over the phone and present in meetings (i.e. confident, succinct, eloquent and clear) and deliverables should be ready for presentation to the highest levels of senior management.
- Ability to work independently with limited day to day oversight and self-starting to enable delivery of the objectives set and discussed at the onset.
- Strong understanding and heavy emphasis on properly controlled risk and operating environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and delivery of high quality output.
- Proven delivery track record within fast paced corporate environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Highly collaborative “team player” mindset with the ability to work together to find solutions to issues and problems.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualification:
- Extensive knowledge of Market Data Products and services, technology types and data delivery methods as well as nuances of rights-to-use and types of licensing.
- 10+ years working in the Financial Services industry
5+ years managing a portfolio of complex projects as well as leading and managing project teams .
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management and governance methodologies.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and purpose both in written and verbal formats. Confidence to present findings and recommendations to management for future state operating model.
- Strong PC knowledge, particularly Excel, Outlook, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project; Proficient manipulating excel to produce metrics, pivot tables, charts, etc.
PMP certified or similar.
- Experience with Data Analysis.
- Market Data Product knowledge across 3rd party products
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.