Market Data Business Analyst
Location: Glasgow - Hybrid (2 days a week in the office)
Length: 6 Months
Overall purpose of role
Contribute to the delivery of a portfolio of complex projects within the Market Data Financial Management domain to help achieve long-term strategy
- Interface with various stakeholders to understand and document business requirements, understand use-cases, challenges, gaps and dependencies and perform analysis. Identify opportunities for optimization and contribute to validation of benefits.
- Understand end-to-end project lifecycle and work with project team, contributing to working groups, project documentation, status reports and stakeholder engagements as required.
- Negotiate and influence at a senior level across multiple areas, ensuring collaborative thinking to solve complex challenges across multiple programmes of change.
- Provide detailed analysis and guidance on Market Data & present cost proposals to business stakeholders to gain buy in
- Drive Market Data commercial initiatives from inception to completion working with the programme team and business stakeholders
- Act as a role model, cultivate an environment where colleagues can feel comfortable to speak up and challenge the status quo
- Ensure activities are carried out in full compliance with Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Business Analysis experience within the Financial Services industry
- Experience with End-to-End project management lifecycle
- Strong PC knowledge, particularly Excel, Outlook, Microsoft word, PowerPoint,
- Visio; Proficient manipulating excel to produce metrics, pivot tables, charts, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Barclays is flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. Barclays also has a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.