Market Data Business Analyst
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role
Contribute to delivery of a portfolio of complex projects with senior management visibility within the Market Data space, spanning across multiple domains and Business areas
- Interface with the business and various stakeholders to understand and document business requirements, understand use cases as well as pain points, challenges, gaps and dependencies. Identify opportunities for optimization and cost savings/ avoidance
- Understand end-to-end project lifecycle, contributing to project documentation, status reports and stakeholder engagements as required
- Act as a role model, cultivate an environment where colleagues can feel comfortable to speak up and challenge the status quo
- Ensure activities are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Strong understanding and emphasis on properly controlled risk and operating environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and delivery of high quality output
- Strong analytical, problem solving and influencing skills.
- 7+ years’ experience in the Financial Services industry
Experience with complex Market Data transformation projects
Knowledge of Market Data Products and services, technology types and data delivery methods as well as nuances of rights-to-use and types of licensing
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.