LIBOR Technical Project Manager
LIBOR Technical Project Manager
London (remote role)
Length: 6 months (Maternity cover)
We are looking for a LIBOR Technical Project Manager to join on a contract basis to support the Risk, Finance and Treasury (RFT) on their LIBOR transition programme. This involves managing execution risk, delivering on group strategy and initiatives consistently and transparently, Applying the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage project delivery from business case to closure.
What will you be doing?
- Liaise with the Central LIBOR Change programme to ensure that the transition requirements are understood and agreed by RFT
- Work with stakeholders across RFT to implement the delivery of LIBOR transition activities
- Front to back coordination within RFT of LIBOR transition activity, including: Baselining the delivery plan, facilitating solution architecture and delivery, documentation updates, testing completion and release oversight
- Lead and working with numerous RFT stakeholders to overcome blockers and issues when they occur
- Ensuring that planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant; course correcting where required to ensure the programme delivers on its aims
- Providing and regularly reviewing an honest, transparent assessment of the project status and RAID (risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies)
- Providing and regularly reviewing of the project status and RAID, completing a Change Requests or escalating where required
What we’re looking for:
- Large scale IT project management and governance experience
- Ability to master and navigate new subject domains quickly
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Experience of working with stakeholders in: Investment Banking Front Office, Treasury and Finance
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Technical or business academic credentials preferred
- PRINCE2 / PMP
- Data Modelling experience (SQL, Excel Pivots)
- Knowledge of investment banking products (Bonds, Derivatives, Repos, Securitized Products)
- Front-office technology experience preferred
Where will you be working?
Although the primary location would be London, this role is completely remote
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.