Legal Project Manager
The Legal Project Management team oversees the most complex Legal matters at Barclays and covers all commercial negotiations and milestone tracking. We are looking for a Legal Project Manager on a contract basis who will be responsible for maximising value ensuring appropriate cost controls and operational processes are in place.
- Interacting with a variety of stakeholders: law firm contacts (lawyers and law firm project managers), Barclays lawyers, Finance, Technology and Legal Transformation
- Accountable for a portfolio of matters from both cost and milestone perspective
- Leading all internal matter engagements with General Counsels, matter leads and infrastructure support teams (Finance and Procurement)
- Presenting portfolio reports at financial accountability meetings, outlooks reviews and other reporting discussions
- Drive technology change, particularly in relation to Barclays ‘Instruct to Pay’ processes, enabling vendors to start work quicker and submit invoices, have them approved and paid faster
- Ensure close collaboration with the other areas in the External Engagement team to successfully deploy team wide objectives. E.g. panel refresh (renewing commercial contracts with law firms), offshore opportunity review and execution, technology changes etc
- Capable of undertaking this work for a portfolio of matters and provide a globally consistent process which meets the demands of multiple businesses and legal teams
- Able to engage with external senior legal partners, LPM contacts and relationship management teams
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide stakeholder group
- An ability to to work with the Legal Risk Governance and Control team to ensure risks are managed effectively, processes for identifying breaches are in place, key deliverables are executed effectively and breaches are escalated as necessary
- Expertise Excel and Outlook
Where will you be working?
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.