KYC QC Team Leader
About Team BB SRR KYC
BB SRR KYC is a passionate team of problem solvers who are collectively empowered to achieve the right outcome in the right way for our customers, creating advocates of Barclays. We are a strong team of customer obsessed experts who work with a smart technology to focus on exceeding expectations and turning customers
into loyal fans.
Overall purpose of role
To lead a team to drive exceptional customer and client experience and to strengthen relationships through the effective engagement with customers and clients on their terms and within a multi-channel environment. The role will coach and develop colleagues to deliver great customer outcomes, that will create advocates of Barclays through the investigation of emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products and services
- Create a culture for being passionate about what customers / clients are passionate about and creating moments that matter and are memorable
- Lead an environment that:
- interacts with customers / clients on their terms and in an engaging way that demonstrates open mindedness, actively listening, being genuinely curious and flexing style to reflect customer preferences
- investigates customer / client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle, mutual respect and empathy and utilising all resources to access and evaluate situations at pace
- Proactively identifies and creates opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Drive ownership, fostering self initiative and the freedom to identify and agree the right outcome by encouraging colleagues to use their ability and licence to wow
- Proactively manage quality excellence by ensuring all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
- Encourage a sense of urgency in a high volume and multi-channel environment
- Ensure the voice of the customer / client is always heard by proactively identifying root causes of customer / client concerns and complaints and ensuring accurate information and details are captured throughout the end to end customer / client journey to allow meaningful analysis of the data by Specialist teams
- Confidently challenge what is not right and influence what is, identifying opportunities for improvement using all available feedback loops
- Positively embrace, own and embed change activity and improvements into your team
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across PCB, contributing to discussions and sharing best practice to generate team spirit that enables the delivery of seamless customer / client experience and great customer outcomes
- Attract, develop and retain talent through succession planning with your wider leadership teams
- Demonstrate a strong level of competence in our digital products, enabling you to proactively educate colleagues to have confidence in consistently using alternative channels of customer / client choice
- Agree challenging performance and development objectives for all direct reports providing regular feedback / coaching to ensure maximum potential is achieved
- Robustly manage your team’s performance ensuring they all deliver to plan ensuring that a rigorous performance management culture is embedded
- Bring your whole self to work, using your personality to provide a positive noticeable experience, recognising the personal impact you have on interacting with colleagues and subsequently the way customers / clients feel
- Encourage an environment where self-development is priority
- Ensure all mandatory training is understood across your team and completed within given timescales
- Proactively identify your knowledge and capability gaps and take ownership of your own development and training to upskill and fill them, maintaining an effective development plan that supports continuous development needed to lead a high performing team
- Take an active interest in the local community and get involved in activities that support Barclays contribution to the wider community needs and citizenship agenda
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Strong leadership experience with evidence of driving team performance through coaching and development techniques and situational leadership
- Strong understanding of people issues and the tools/policies available to support the leadership of a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- High level of initiative, discipline and self-motivation
- Strong decision making and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to flexibly and creatively manage changing business demands and customers / client requirements. As and when required using own initiative to overcome challenges and identify solutions
- Collaborative approach to finding solutions, maintaining positive relationships with other teams and
- Excellent team player, supporting a culture of individuality, fun, and the sharing and embedding of best practice
- Ability to accept and embrace a changing environment
- Knowledge of Banking products and services and associated legislation e.g Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of regulatory and risk requirements relating to complaints
- Experience in resolving emotive and complex customer / client queries, concerns and complaints in high volume environment
- Experience of customer information and management systems
- Experienced in multiple channels of digital communication
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds .
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager