KYC Customer Care Support (Telephony-based)
Customer Support (KYC - Telephony Based)
- Location: Remote/Home-based
- Duration: 6 months
- Working pattern: 35 hours Monday - Friday 9-5
- No banking / KYC experience required
Are you interested in working for an international bank on a temporary basis? Do you have experience being the first point of contact for customers over the phone / in person, responding to customer queries and have outstanding communication skills? Have you worked in a busy Contact Centre environment?
Here’s your chance! We are looking for experienced Customer Service Specialists to join Barclays Business banking team on a 6 months long contract.
Overall purpose of role
Responsible for directly supporting the refresh activity of existing clients, and providing specialist support to internal colleagues, with account opening, onboarding, KYC and related journey and processes.
Ensuring all account opening and KYC refresh and remediation process requirements are met, whilst delivering, whilst delivering a robust, effective and timely client Onboarding and KYC experience. Take responsibility for the collation and validation of the correct account opening and KYC documentation against defined procedural process requirements. Be flexible to service both new to bank customers and existing customers depending on demand.
How will you help Barclays’ customers?
- Handle and resolve client and senior manager problems or complaints relating to the account opening process and KYC processes.
- Work to resolve complaints at the first point of contact by following the bank’s complaints handling process.
- Listen carefully to gather the facts and build an understanding of the customer’s issue, concern or query so that the root cause can be identified, investigated and resolved at the first point of contact.
- Act as a process specialist, delivering a tailored service and advice to help customers effectively navigate through the account opening process.
- Take responsibility, ensuring data obtained within the account opening and KYC process is accurate and that the customer’s records are kept up-to-date within internal systems.
- Using tact and diplomacy, deliver difficult messages to customers who do not meet the bank’s proposition, ensuring the reasons behind the decision are carefully explained.
- Proven experience of operating in a customer-focused role.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritise the customer experience and solve customer’s problems/requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to different customers and situations.
- Confidence to communicate, network and quickly build effective relationships with a wide range of customers and stakeholders.
- Highly motivated – takes personal responsibility and accountability to provide the best client experience.
- Adaptable to change and actively looks for ways to improve internal processes to benefit the client and drive commercial value
- Proven ability and knowledge in using Microsoft Office tools to a high standard.
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrollment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.