Investment Risk Analyst
Length of contract: 6 months
We are looking for an Investment Risk Analyst on a contract basis who will be responsible to undertake and lead on the day-to-day risk monitoring and oversight of the Barclays Investment Services product set. They will use their subject matter expertise to ensure that, on a monthly basis, all risk nodes comply with the Investment Risk Framework, Barclays internal polices and market best practices.
- Provide regular detailed risk analysis of multi-asset class model portfolios in accordance with Barclays’s best thinking through comparison to Barclays’ Proprietary Strategic Asset Allocation models (SAA)
- Monitor client portfolio dispersion from model through our monthly investment risk process
- Counterparty credit monitoring and process enhancement ensuring UCITS and CASS rules are adhered to
- Use extensive market and financial knowledge to understand and clearly articulate the impact of investment decisions on portfolios and products
- Daily interactions with portfolio managers, wealth managers and investment advisors, technology, Internal distribution channels, third party vendors in addition to other business units within the bank
- Understands the importance of strong awareness of the framework within which the bank manages risk and supports team members in understanding it
- 3-4 years Market Risk Management experience
- Experience to evaluate whether risk model methodologies are appropriate for its intended purpose and make an informed decision with non-perfect information
- Great problem solving skills to estimate the risk on individual instruments and portfolios on an ad-hoc basis where non-perfect information is available
- Proven technical knowledge and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical approach, including high degree of numerical and quantitative competency combined with accuracy
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in being themselves, feel included and empowered to add value.