HR Project Manager - Transformation
HR Project Manager
London (remote to begin with)
Length: 6 months
Barclays HR purpose is making Barclays a great place to work. HR Optimisation contributes to this by enabling HR to optimise its strategic service model through integration, efficiency and simplification. This is realised through the delivery of an exceptional transformation experience across the portfolio of strategic initiatives. This role will require strong collaboration with leaders and colleagues from HR and the broader business, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This Project Manager role will lead a large workstream across a Global Group wide Culture Programme. It will involve working with multiple stakeholders across multiple Transaction Cycles within HR, and across the bank more broadly.
What will you be doing?
· The role holder will be responsible for managing a large workstream within a strategic Cultural programme.
· Input to the programme level governance documentation including benefits, costs, risks, resources and timescales.
· Build an integrated roadmap, detailed plan and oversee transition states.
· Ensures that sufficient level of detail project and quality plans are prepared and maintained providing regular and accurate reports on progress against plan to stakeholders, as appropriate.
· Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
· Controls the scope of the workstream, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
· Identify, define & track the realisation of the workstream benefits in line with the Business Case. Track benefits covering Financial (revenue/cost) and Non-Financial (regulatory, customer/employee satisfaction, reputation).
· Monitor actual performance against overall project and take remedial actions.
· Establish and run Working Groups or Programme Forum (as appropriate).
· Ensures project meet the desired requirements of Accountable Executives and that acceptance and handover to business as usual are managed (as appropriate).
· Ensures that all project status reporting is accurate, informative and timely.
· Oversee impacts assessment, training/communication activities to ensure it is fit for purpose.
· Ensures projects being managed are compliant with relevant HR Optimisation framework governance methodologies.
· Ensure sufficient level of flexibility and tolerance provided to tackle complex nature of project.
What we’re looking for:
· VP level demonstrable Project experience, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
· Experience on large scale HR transformation programmes, preferably in Culture and Leadership
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders.
· Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills.
· Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile preferred
Where will you be working?
Based at HQ in Canary Wharf, London when safe to do so, initially this role will be remote.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.