HR Project Analyst
HR Project Analyst
Length: 6 Months
About HR Optimisation
Barclays HR purpose is to help make Barclays a great place to work. HR Optimisation contributes to this by supporting the activity required across HR for the function to become simple, efficient and insightful. This includes accountability for the overall change experience for HR colleagues and our clients across the portfolio of HR strategic initiatives.
Overall purpose of role
Undertake a broad range of project based activities (including, but not limited to analysis, change management, project support, engagement, stakeholder management etc.) to support deliverables and meet project objectives across a range of initiatives of varying size and topic.
- Help to create the ideation/ problem statement that describes what needs to be done and why
- Define the Business objectives that form the backlog of tasks to be done based on the customer or colleagues needs and journeys
- Identify key improvement opportunities in processes and quantify associated business benefits
- Applying the right processes, tools, methods and skills to manage the delivery of a small project from business case through to closure
- Provide support to Project Managers on larger initiatives by maintaining and actively managing project documentation and producing complete, accurate project reporting and MI
The person we are looking for
- Experience working in a change environment, working on business driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact in Financial Services
- Demonstrable Project experience on at least 1 large scale project
- Confident at using data and analysis to support conclusions
- Good communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with some experience of presenting to senior stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.