HR Operations Americas Manager
Location - Northampton
Duration: 6 month contract
Working hours: 02:30pm - 10:30pm (Due to the requirements of the role being based on America time zone)
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
About HR Operations
HR Operations is at the heart of HR and provides consistent, efficient, effective and high quality service (advice and production) to our managers and colleagues leveraging leading edge processes and technology in doing this.
Overall purpose of role
- Ensure effective high quality standards, consistency, governance and best practice methodologies are built, developed and maintained in HR Operations Americas team.
- Accountable for service performance, key stakeholder relationships and compliance against our contracted services.
- Ensure processes relating to the Service Catalogue are meeting appropriate governance, legal risk, control and compliance.
- Drive Continuous Improvement across the service offering and partner with the Service Improvement Team as appropriate
Service Management (40%)
- Monitor performance management, including analysis of HR Operations reports, recommending new initiatives for service enhancements and driving the achievements of excellent customer service standards.
- Influence and support operational decisions affecting HR Operations Americas regionally and as part of the wider Global team.
- Maintain and build excellent working relationships with Americas stakeholders to gain service feedback and to understand future business requirements.
- Identify and drive process efficiencies which enhance the existing HR Operations service, working with internal and external stakeholders to drive a positive customer experience.
People Management (15%)
- Maintain and build excellent working relationships with HR Operations Americas team.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of HR Operations Americas team to ensure that appropriate capabilities within the teams are maintained and developed
- Ensure the whole team is fully conversant and aligned with the strategy and plans of HR Operations, regionally and Globally.
- Provide input to the recruitment of resources.
Operational Change Management (35%)
- Identify and develop new and innovative initiatives/improvements to enhance the service offered through HR Operations both regionally and Globally.
- Identify improvements based on risk, cost, resource availability and customer service.
- Lead End to End Service improvements ensuring engagement of all relevant parties.
- Influence design and support delivery/Implementation of future projects in conjunction with Improvement team.
- Ensure continuous improvement and delivery of quality monitoring process.
Controls & Compliance (10%)
- Ensure appropriate control mechanisms are in place (internal/external).
- Take ownership for Quality Assurance across the team
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in line with agreed budget.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Experience working in HR and/or fast paced and ever changing operational environment
- Strong SAP application knowledge
- Strong analytical skill with evidence of successfully applying findings to improve process or performance
- Excellent people management
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.