HR Communications Specialist
Length: 6 months
Overall purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to support the launch and embedding of change being delivered by
projects into the HR function and/or by HR led projects into wider business.
Primarily this role is to provide change engagement delivery, advice and support across agreed/ key projects. Support includes developing engagement plans and communication materials as well as supporting the set up and execution of engagement activities to relevant audiences.
In addition, working alongside the project lead and where agreed, the role will provide delivery support for broader change management elements such as development and execution of a change management strategy for the project, operational and user readiness planning etc.
- Work alongside Project Managers and Change managers to develop engagement and business readiness strategy, approach and plan for required projects.
- Advise on most appropriate channels and methods to communicate / engage.
- Execute / deliver engagement related activity for projects where required.
- Develop required engagement materials, including email communications, briefing packs, presentations, articles, FAQs, etc.
- Produce written communication materials e.g. emails, announcements etc.
- Coordinate with suppliers for rich media – videos, posters, animations, demos etc.
- Plan and organise events – roadshows, events etc.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications team for boarder HR and employee comms
- Manage all engagement queries arising from supported projects and actioning in a timely manner
- Capture feedback and lessons learned on delivered engagement activities to continue to improve activities in the future.
- Generate deliverables independently and autonomously.
- Able to think through and generate thoughtful change, bringing the best tools and methods to the table to support design conversations.
- Have confidence in when to escalate, able to manage risks and issues carefully .
- Provide structure and transparency on progress of the engagement activity
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Very strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, communicate and manage stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrate initiative, independence and critical thinking .
- Has extensive experience of understanding business requirements, change impacts and delivering impactful change communications.
- Ability to engage with change recipients, understand their needs, create and/or execute plans for successful landing of the change.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Support and encourage positive working behaviours in others during tasks.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong team working skills, including working effectively within a remote team.
- Change management theory and/or experience.
- Knowledge of working within HR processes and systems.
- Knowledge of working within financial services organisation
Barclays is a British universal bank. It is diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Barclays businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by its service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by its five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The Barclays values inform the foundations of its relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how Barclays measure and reward the performance of colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Barclays aims to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to Barclays vision and goals.
Barclays is currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
As a contract employee of Randstad Sourceright, you’ll receive a wide range of financial and personal benefits. There’s enrolment in a pension plan (after 12 weeks on assignment) and holiday pay. You’ll also get 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme, designed to help you deal with any problems that could be affecting your home or work life. Plus, there’s discounts at heaps of high street shops, restaurants and entertainment - from Asda to Zizzi Italian restaurants.